- Prime grey
- Go over panel lines with a black technical pen to "preshade"
- Airbrush a mix of Floquil concreted lightened slightly with Dirty White. This allows the panels to still show through, but not be overwhelming. I did not want to do a wash, as I was going for a clean effect.
- Cockpits are dark sky blue, then drybrushed a lighter sky blue and finally highlighted with just a dot of white - all Vallejo paints
- Various other details, eg cowling, picked out with a brush
- Decals from I-94. I spot brush some Testors acrylic gloss where the decals are to be placed.
- Clear coat
That's really it. These are relatively easy to paint, and are a nice break from lines of blue, grey or red!
|Looks like when I grabbed some to shoot, I grabbed some|
from different carriers.Note the blue and white stripes. Oops!
As a side note today, I have the Guerriere pretty much painted and assembled, but am now facing the task of rigging. I have a pretty good technique honed on WWI 1/72 aircraft I think will work. Wish me luck.