Monday, September 19, 2011

Sunday, Greasy Sunday





It was mostly a car-centric weekend. Cruise night downtown Friday (following a trip out to the fairgrounds to watch the hot air balloon launches), the actual car show downtown Saturday, and working on my own Sunday.

My brother-in-law came over yesterday to help finish tearing down the motor. I had gotten it as far as my skills - and available tools - could take it. We were actually able to finish it in a couple hours and get it ready for the machine shop.

Gonna have it hot tanked, most likely rebored and get the manifold surfaces planed. Probably get new pistons and new camshaft. Then all kinds of bits and pieces to put it all back together. I'm hoping to get in and out of there for under a grand. I'm hoping to get out it out there this week.

I also talked to the guy who is working on the body. He's had a rough month. Started with kidney stones, then he had to have his appendix out. So he hasn't gotten very far. But as you can see, this motor is no where near ready to back in, so I'm not really worried about it.

And yeah, that oil pan is gonna be fun to clean out. Not to mention the three broken bolts still in the block.

No comments:

Post a Comment