Wednesday, September 28, 2011

AWI Scenario Interest?

Many moons ago - before marriage, before kids - I spent some time creating several AWI scenarios based on The British Are Coming! rules. These followed the basic format as the Cowpens and Guilford Courthouse scenarios in the rulebook. Some are more fleshed out than others in terms of the historical background, but all were pretty solid in terms of stats.

One weakness was definitely maps. At the time I did not have anything approaching the skills or the technology to do electronic maps. Not that I would be much better today, but I am thinking about taking a stab at some. Mostly all I have left are printouts of the scenarios, and I would have to reenter everything to make some sort of collection.

I guess my question is, would there be any interest out there in that sort of thing? Should I recreate them, take a shot at some maps, and post them here? (Or in a more devious sense, try to create a scenario book and put it up for sale?)

Just a few that I can remember off the top of my head were Eutaw Springs, Alligator Creek, Hobkirk's Hill and Gloucester Point. I seem to also remember working on Princeton, Bunker Hill and others.

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment