Thursday, May 17, 2012


Here is the rest of the CY6 project I was able to complete last weekend. Yes, I know that totals out to only six aircraft, but at the rate I am going, that’s a lot.

As you can probably tell, this is a pair of P-39 Airacobras. Sorta. I should probably clip that cannon off the front of the one. My original intent was to do four P-400’s for use with the Guadalcanal campaign book. But partway through, I got new info on the paint scheme (who knew those were camouflaged similar to the Flying Tigers?), and so in keeping with recent themes, these ended up as P-39’s in early-war livery. They are most likely destined for use in the Aleutians as well, hence the numbers that match photos I found of P-39’s in that theater. Rest assured I do have some more unpainted P-39/P-400’s, so I will be able to get some painted up for Guadalcanal.

In other news, I did bottle up the latest batch of homemade brew last night. It’s an American blonde ale, sounds pretty good. It will be ready for drinking in about a month. I need to get a shot up of the Cascadia Pale Ale I just did. I must say that it turned out quite well, and may rank among my favorites to date. I have ingredients for another pale ale, I might try that one next.

No comments:

Post a Comment