Thursday, October 13, 2011

Moving Out, Part 1

Funny thing, after 20+ years of gaming, I've never sold off a single mini that I've painted. But after languishing in a box for a good 10 years or so, I think it's time to move some out.







At one point I made a brief foray into 20 mm WW2. By brief I mean I painted up some Americans, talked a lot to some others playing games like Battalions in Crisis, and never took it any further. I'm not sure if it was because we were too into WW1 in 15 mm at the time and didn't want to duplicate terrain or what, but the project never took off, and now that I started some 28 mm WW2 skirmish, it in all likelihood never will. So it's time to move 'em out. Posted on the bay last night along with a few other odds and ends.

Still, I have to say I was pleased with how they turned out. Getting that brown drab color to look right can be tough. The Sherman is a rough old Airfix kit, while the halftrack is Hasegawa and is rather nice, almost too nice for gaming, but I'll probably never get around to doing a diorama or anything with it, so it goes as well. I think I might have a deuce and a half unbuilt somewhere too.

I can't recall exactly, but I think these are from FAA, with some from Foundry of all places mixed in.

No comments:

Post a Comment