Friday, January 25, 2013

Scotland the Brave

If you haven't figured out by now, I am of Scottish heritage. And proud of it. My wife, who is mostly Finnish, doesn't always get it, but I subscribe to the notion that "A Scot is a Scot, even unto a hundred generations." (OK, I stole that from an online store, but it's cool, no?)

And today being Robert Burns day, I am keeping myself going with thoughts of a wee dram (or two) of the good stuff when I get home tonight. Haggis would be great too, but my wife wrinkled her nose at that suggestion this morning.

Instead, I'm listening to pipes, watching the snow come down, and just getting through the work day. And getting inspired for, if not the '45 or even Bannockburn, but some dark ages Saga gaming! (Can you tell I also just watched the BBC History of Scotland episode 1?) My clan came from the west side, so how about some Gaels!? (Oh, and for the record, they were Jacobites as well.)

And yes, I did order Saga. Too shiny to let that go by. Like I need another game. But that's how it works, right? I already have a bunch of Saxons and Vikings and even some Picts/Irish painted up from years ago. Time to put them to use.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like someone is having a great day....enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For the record, the drink of choice turned out to be a 12-year-old Macallan. Mmmm.

    ReplyDelete