Monday, November 7, 2011

Fast Fri.., er, Monday: 1969 Camaro Pace Car

I was out and about Friday and unable to get a post in on Fast Friday. Which is really a shame, as Friday marked the 100th anniversary of Chevrolet, a true American icon if ever there was one!

So in recognition of this achievement, I present my model of the 1969 Camaro Indy 500 pace car. At least one of the surveys I've seen in recent weeks asking people to select their all-time favorite Chevy had the '69 Camaro ranked No. 1, and the pace car being noted specifically as one of the best looking cars of all time. I hope you think so, too, and I hope you think my model does this remarkable car justice.

Notes: Built from the old MPC kit, the one that also included the Corvette and Trans Am. It's not the best kit in the world, but it built up OK. I used flock for the carpets, added seat belts, and used decals I bought from a supplier on ebay. They are really excellent decals, though I had to buy two sets because I screwed up the first one - no fault of the decals. I forget his name, if anyone wants it I can look it up.






No comments:

Post a Comment