Friday, July 29, 2016

Mustang Update

It has been a while since I have given any kind of update on the seemingly never-ending Mustang restoration project. But believe it or not, there has been progress!

After getting the engine back in last fall, things really slowed down for the winter and not much got done. But of course the wife gave an ultimatum of get it done by this fall, or get it out of here.

So as of last night, when I got the new driveshaft connected, I thing the only thing left to connect from the engine standpoint is the shift linkage. Then hopefully we can get it started!

In the meantime, I have also been doing some interior work. A friend came over to help strip out some remaining rust, and I repainted it all. Then it's insulation, headliner, carpet, seats...

Oh, I did install some seatbelts in the rear. There never were any, so now there are at least lap belts for the kids back there. As safe as can be by 1965 standards!

Also hopefully soon it goes out for paint. Still trying to pin down who is going to do that. Progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment