Friday, February 9, 2018

Here Come the Cossacks!

Here we go, another distraction in the life of a wargamer. Cossacks!

Cossacks of the 17th century, to be more precise. Perhaps for some eastern Renaissance gaming. Did I hear Pikeman's Lament? I have these rules, and they look very nice. This will do as one unit of musket-armed troops.

Figures are from The Assault Group, and they are indeed very nice. They painted up well, and I must say it was nice to open up the color palette a bit! Paints are the usual mix of Vallejo and Testors.

The impetus for this project was our involvement with the girl from Ukraine who visited us a couple years ago. Since then I have become increasingly interested in the history there, and this was a natural manifestation of that. At least that's the excuse I am going with.

Unfortunately I only have enough to do about one more unit as well as some command, so I'll have to get my hands on some more. I'm looking at a bag of Old Glory, simply for economic reasons. But we'll see. Anyway, this is a start.



1 comment: