Friday, September 28, 2012

Fast Friday: Emerson Fittipaldi 1984 March in 1/64

I actually finished this a while back, but never got around to posting it. Like the Danny Ongais car I posted earlier, this is a 1/64 resin body from Fast Bodies. Alas, I have since heard that he will no longer be producing these. Another valuable hobby lesson, there kids: Buy it when you see it. You may never get another chance.

Anyway, this car represents Emmo's first Indy car ride. The F1 world champ drove a car that was ... pink? Yup. Indy didn't go all that well for the talented Brazilian that year, but there were bright spots over the season. And of course he would go on to win the 500 twice, taking out Little Al once. And drinking orange juice once. Not that anyone noticed that little faux pas. Ahem.

Unlike the Danny Ongais car, I put the road wings on this guy. Paint is straight up Tamiya pink. Yes, I bought a can, and used it again on another project I will share one of these days... Decals are from Indycals.





So why this car? Two reasons, really. You never see this one modeled. And I have two daughters, remember? The love the pink car. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment